OF NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS AND JUSTIFICATION (SO CLICHE)

by - January 01, 2020

Assalamualaikum. Hi.


Happy New Year everyone. How's your first day of 2020? I started my day with jogging (not a new year resolution whatsoever but I hope I'll be consistent. You can read about the reasons why I started jogging HERE). Then I had maggi goreng and teh ais at mamak near my house for breakfast #sonothealthy and now here I am, updating my blog.

I didn't plan to write about my new year resolutions here because it's too personal for me. But I think I should so that I could do a recap next year.

Attention : I wish none of my readers will take this entry the wrong way

I didn't believe in new year resolutions before because let's be honest, how many people follow through their resolutions and really checked them off at the end of the year? My view about new year resolutions changed when I started to have one two years ago. Of course I didn't checked all of them off my list but I noticed I at least tried to follow them through along the year. I wasn't consistent but there were progress even though a little. It acted as a guideline so I think it is good to have a new year resolutions.

First, let's do a quick recap on my last 2019 resolution. Mind you, I only achieved one resolution last year. Hahaha.

READ 12 BOOKS
I'm really consistent with this one. Not the reading part but the amount of to-read books hahaha. Every year it was 12 books. Never more, never less. I only managed to finish five books in 2019. It was partly Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix's fault. I wrote about it HERE.

2019

Here my justification about this resolution. Although I read less books, but the amount of pages increased. Thanks Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix! Hahaha. Alright, alright I admit I failed this resolution but I still did a good job. Good job dear self *pat head.

2018

KHATAM QURAN X TIMES
X is a specific number I have in mind that I won't tell. Heheh. I really did bad with my spiritual journey last year. No justification for this.

SAVING GOALS → X times my SALARY
Again, X is a specific number I have in mind. I failed this one too. Hahaha.

MUST WEIGHT 55kg
Well, I gained 2kgs last year but I managed to lose the 2kgs back by the end of year. Failed!

HOLIDAY TO SABAH
This is the only resolution that I checked off the list. Instead of going to Sabah, we went to Vietnam. Hanoi and Sapa to be exact because I really wanted to go up the Mount Fansipan. I don't really like to share about my holidays for some reasons but here's some pictures of my visit. I certainly don't miss Hanoi and I don't miss Sapa too. But I do miss Fansipan.

Hanoi

Sapa. My first sleeping train experience

Mount Fansipan

KITCHEN CABINET FOR OUR HOME
Failed!

For this year, I'll just recycled my 2019's resolutions. Hihihi

What I wish to achieve in 2020;

1. Read 12 books. I also wish to let go all of the books that I don't want to read because my genre changed. Please let me know if you happen to know any places around Selangor that will accept and will benefited from my books.

2. Be a better Muslim. This one is subjective and only we can judge ourselves. Of course all Muslim wish to be better. I don't want to elaborate more on this because it is an individual journey. We know where we lack, right?

3. Have saving X times of my salary. I will try to spent less on things I don't need especially food and also clothing. God knows how many clothes I bought and never wear them and how many food I throw away 😔

4. Weight 53kg. Hahaha. Do you see I up the weight game? Let's pray I don't gain any more weight. My fingers looks like sausages nowadays.

5. Visit (insert place). I do have two places I would like to visit this year but I think I'll only able to visit one or none. Hahaha. Next year I'm not going to collage any more of my holiday's picture and put them in this blog. It's not the strangers that I'm wary of but acquaintance. If you know what I mean.

6. Install kitchen cabinet for our home. Soon, soon.

Do you have any new year resolutions? Please leave your link so that I can read your new year resolution if you have any.

Also let's be friend on goodreads. Add me please!

Thank you for reading.

💙
Nurul

You May Also Like

33 comments

  1. It's good to have a specific goals for a new year resolution. May you get to tick off all your resolutions for this year. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup as I said, it's kind of guideline. Thank you Lya. Happy New Year to you too.

      Delete
  2. Good luck on achieving your new year (or carry forward the previous failed) resolutions.
    Mine has always been the same, walaupun dah achieve, tapi tetap nak carry forward sampai bila2 sebab I think it's a good cause. I want to share about it on my blog tapi tak publish lagi hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy new year 2020 for you & family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year. my 2020 be a better year for all of us. aamiin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MOUNT fansipan tu chantek landscapenyer kannn.., ;p
    selamat tahun baru 2020

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haah Mount Fansipan sangat cantik. Selamat tahun baru jugak :)

      Delete
  6. Happy New year. Tahun ni banyak lagi nak kena improve sebab banyak juga yang agak failed last year. Harap harap tahun ni lebih baik daripada tahun lepas. Marilah kita berusaha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too! Betul, memang banyak lagi nak kena improve tu. One step at a time kata orang. Hihihi

      Delete
  7. Happy 7th day of 2020 😉. My new year resolution yg tak tak pe berubah dari 2012. Lose some weight haha, but still dont achieve it. Asyik bertambah je sedeh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! Hahaha. Marilah kita berusaha lose weight tahun ni.

      Delete
  8. Happy New Year to you and about the books, can you please give it to me because I really want to read but I'm too broke.. T_T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too! Sure, I'd be glad to give it to you! I'll contact you soon

      Delete
  9. Make this year more meaningful than the previous year.

    And hopefully the wishes left behind in the previous year can be carried out in this 2020 era. Always success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your words and thank you for visiting :)

      Delete
  10. lol wait till you read my take of my 2019's resolutions (clue - im not making any resolutions this year)

    but cheers on you recapping everything because acknowledging those is important too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. It's okay not to have any resolutions as long as we progressed.

      Delete
  11. Happy New Year & hope you'll tick off all the resolutions by the end of the year! Amin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amin. Thank you and Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete
  12. im afraid to have new year resolutions takut tak mampu buat hehe..
    each year oso the same la nak kuruih kurih tapi dok mok gitu jugak..

    but sure there are some things that we want to achieve.
    insyallah insyallah. good things are on their way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. part nak kurus tak kurus kurus tu same la. hahaha. but nak try jugak/

      Delete
  13. I don't have New Year resolutions but glad you have ones. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year 2020 Nurul. Hope you achieve all what u've list. Tak semua, sekuruang-kurangnya satu, dia pun dah ok(bagi sayalah😅).. Btw.. saya nak add friend tapi tak jumpa butang add..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too Mell. Alamak sy memang tak letak butang add.

      Delete

Hi, thanks for your comments ^_^