UNUSUAL SATURDAY

by - December 29, 2019

Assalamualaikum. Hi.

I'm a homey person. I don't really like going out for no reason and during weekend I'll only do one major activity per day. For example, for me jogging, shopping, going out with friends or family, doing house chores i.e vacuuming and mopping are each one major activity. Let's say I already go for a jog on Saturday, I won't clean the house on Saturday too. The most I can do is fold and iron clothes because I get to sit in front of the TV and watch my favourite shows. TMI, no? Hahaha. I just want to give you clear idea on how calculative I am in planning my weekend because I need enough rest to go through next hectic weekdays.

Yesterday was different. It was a tiring but fun day. Here's what I did yesterday.

Arrif who didn't jog but played games instead

I went for a jog!
I hadn't jog for so long. The last time was about two month ago. I started back during Christmas holiday so yesterday was just my second time. I decided to start jogging again because my stamina has worsen. I'll just climb up few flight of stairs and pant heavily. I always said I'm old but I'm not climb-up-few-stairs-and-pant-heavily old. The second reason would be my skin. It won't stop breaking out no matter what I do. Well, I haven't do everything yet but I did A LOT of things just to make those ugly pimples stop popping up. I keep my skincare basic, I stop using skincare that I think stimulate the breakout and I went to spa to do facial treatment. But then I thought to myself, maybe it's not because of the things I put on my face, maybe it is the things I put in my stomach. Maybe it is my food. But I love my food so much and I'm not ready to sacrifice them hahahaha please don't slap me. So I figure, I need to detox my body (I could hear Arrif voice as I'm typing this, "It doesn't work that way". Go away you and your weird medical journal!). After jogging, we went to my favourite Old Town White Coffee so that I could have my weekly noodle soup and white coffee breakfast fix.

Look at my embarrassing pace

Vacuuming and mopping the house
After we came back home, I started cleaning the house right away. It is better to do it right away while the caffeine concentration in my body still high or else the vacuuming and mopping won't happen. The highlight of this event is ... I just discover how to use the spin mop properly! I'm such a noob. I was frustrated when I first use the mop because it won't spin and dry the mop hair (you know those white strand). I thought I was scammed because it was cheap. I let the spin mop sit in the store room and back at using the traditional mop, wooden stick, manually squeeze the water whatnot. Yesterday I said to myself, I'll give it one more try and so I did. Apparently, you just need to loosen the lock at the stick and push it downward you dumb dumb. 

I also realized I have weird soft spot with tiny spiders. I can't stand unorganized and dusty house but I don't mind spider web hahaha. I did sweep all those tiny spider house before but every time I did that and I saw them run, I felt bad so I decided to let them be. I'll just sweep the web if they are not there. Who else have weird soft spot like this?

I rested a bit after all those house chores and read my book while at it

My current read. What's yours?

Went out with my girls
I texted Nee on my way back home after jogging and started the conversation with "Nee watchu duin" and she knew right away I have another 'unplanned plan'. I love this girl. I planned to go to Pasar Seni at first because I never go there but I give her another option, WePlayGames. I also texted Ira, my little sister to check if she's working. Fortunately she was on leave yesterday. Long story short, We decided to go to WePlayGames again and I drove for ~120km in total yesterday, picking up and sent back these bunch. Ooh the things I do for love. Hey I'm not complaining. It was my plan afterall.

Home → Pantai Dalam → LRT Kerinchi → Tamarind Square → LRT Kerinchi → Pantai Dalam → Home

First game. From left ; Nee, Zura, Me and Ira. Zura is Nee's little sister and she and Ira are the same age so they are actually friend.

We chose Catan as our first game and had fun blocking each other from expending our territory and laughing at each other's misery and confusion.

Our second game was Coup where we need to bluff and lie in order to get rid of other player.

I'd say Ira is the best at keeping poker face. It's truly her specialty even in real life. Hahaha. Nee is very good at convincing other people especially her sister. Zura is the most blur among all of us but she almost win during the first round tho. Or did she won? My brain was too tired after these two games, it lost some of the memories during unimportant moments 😝.

I really had a lot of fun yesterday. I think it's okay for me to squeeze everything in a day once in a while if the outcome is great like yesterday.

Now I have ache all over my body so I'm going to take it easy today. I'm sipping some rose honey mint tea (actually it's not fancy as it sound. I just toss some dry rose bud into hot water, add some honey and then put some mint leaves when the water is a warm). Arrif just came back from laundry and brought home McD breakfast. I'm going to have my breakfast first and then fold and iron our clothes while watching New Journey to The West next.

Now tell me, how's your last weekend?

💙
Nurul

You May Also Like

27 comments

  1. Nasin baik spider tak reti baca. Kalau tau bukak blog semua spider dlm malaysia pndah rumah kau nurul. Tau kau nak kemas je they all standby kat web memasing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aku harap kau tak bagitau dorang. Kalau tiba-tiba ramai spider pindah rumah aku, aku dah tau siapa punya kerja la.

      Delete
  2. Seronok aku membaca kisah ko. Anyway aku always admire english ko. Macam baca novel pun ada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha ewah macam novel pulak. Malu den. Kenape name kau takde dalam top commentators aku? Ke sebab kau terus link pegi blog?

      Delete
  3. saya jenis yang kurang gemar berada di luar rumah..

    suka mereput dan online

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Selalunya saya pun prefer mereput online di rumah. Cuma kadang-kadang tu perangai spontan datang.

      Delete
  4. you have such a great weekend ;) Sebagai seorang penganggur,saya agak jealous di situ.Hahaha ^^ gurau ja.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a great weekend. Aipp, penganggur pun boleh je buat aktiviti seronok2.

      Delete
  5. I plan my weekend like yours too! If I plan to do house chores or going out, I'll do it only either on Saturday or Sunday while another day to fully rest doing nothing. But it's great to have so much activities for both days too as having more activities somehow made me felt like the weekend was longer, tehee.
    Anyway, that's a fun weekend you spent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High five to calculative planning! Hahaha. Weekends are too precious, hence the plan. Agreed, fun activities on weekends somehow make it feel longer.

      Delete
  6. Selalunya saya mereput kat rumah sambil online & watching tv. Once in a while baru keluar hiking / jogging. Itu pun dah lama tak buat hahaha. Tapi kemas rumah (mopping & etch) memang setiap minggu. I guess sebab rumah mak dah serupa kampung, ada je cucu dia balik tu sebab setiap minggu macam tu haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sama la. Selalunya memang mereput dekat rumah je. Dah lama jugak tak hiking. Rindu nak hiking.

      Delete
  7. same here! Homey person. Tak suka tempat bersesak. Tapi kalau jogging tu suka sangat. Cuma kurang masa nak keluar berjogging. Mengemas rumah, vacuum dan mop tu pun dah kira aktiviti yang sihat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boleh sakit kepala kalau tempat sesak kadang-kadang tu. Betul, betul, kemas rumah tu pun dah kira exercise. Kalau tak bukak kipas, berpeluh bukan main.

      Delete
  8. my weekend was tiring. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay. Next weekend make sure rehat betul-betul hehehe.

      Delete
    2. Yeah I did have my rest and it was a long one. haha

      Delete
  9. okay sangat dah tu very productive very good..
    hehe i like to go out and im a homey person as well. 50:50 kot tapi maybe slightly suka keluar. cuma i dont like adhoc plan and short notice kalau diajak keluar. boleh ilang mood..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i pun usually tak suka adhoc and short notice plan sebab dah plan nak bermalas-malasan dekat rumah kan. hahaha. nasib baik bila kadang2 buat plan mengejut, ada orang nak layan.

      Delete
  10. Saya jenis kaki jalan... tapi sejak dah beranak pinak ni... terperap terus dekat rumah... poning pala den.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nanti anak-anak dah besar, boleh sambung jalan balik. tak pun ajak dorang jalan-jalan taman. seronok.

      Delete
  11. I am homey person also. My home is so cozy and I love my bed :)
    Read your old post. Good things you have fun with your friends. As for me I spent a lot of time with my siblings, nieces and nephew (one nephew here)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, our home and bed are too cozy, we don't want to leave them alone. But sometimes going out having fun is good too.

      Delete
  12. nmpk meriah semua tuuuh., ;p
    sonok kan main games.,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haah. Seronok main game. Tak sedar masa berlalu.

      Delete
  13. Getting older makes me lazy to sosialize. Spending time at home is the best. I love my house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I'm too lazy to go out to socialize nowadays. Hehehe

      Delete

Hi, thanks for your comments ^_^