TV SERIES : STARGATE SG-1

by - January 18, 2020

Assalamualaikum. Hi.


I didn't plan to share about this TV series at first because it is an old series. But I was mad about something the series did and I need somewhere to vent out my anger and since there are no other people watching it with me so here I am. Please bear with me I know there are threads about this on Reddit but even the response varied. Before I get to the point why I am so mad with this series, let me tell you what is this series about. Actually, I'll just copy and paste their Wikipedia page because I'm bad with synopsis.

The story of Stargate SG-1 begins about a year after the events of the feature film (they have Stargate movie beforet the series) when the United States government learns that an ancient alien device called the Stargate can access a network of such devices on a multitude of planets and in space. SG-1 is an elite United States Air Force special operations team, one of about 20 teams (SG-1 is one of the 20 teams and the main characters of this series) from Earth who explore the galaxy and defend against alien threats such as the Goa'uld, the Replicators and the Ori. The series draws upon Egyption mythology, Greek mythology, Norse mythology (who knows Thor is actually an alien with typical alien body) and Arthurian legend

I just finished season 6 during last Christmas holiday and I started watching season 7 right away after that (Yup, this girl spent her holiday doing TV series marathon) and I was frustrated. No, let me rephrase that. I AM frustrated.

Now, onto the reason why I am so frustrated. I really like Jonas Quinn because of his keen intellect. Woah woah this girl is so predictable. Always go for the brain. If you ever watched this series, then you know during season 6, Jonas Quinn replaced Dr. Daniel Jackson as the humanity delegate and brain (apart from Samantha Carter) of the group. In season 7, Daniel came back and they removed Jonas' characters from the series. Well, Jonas had special appearance in one of the episode in Season 7. I don't know if he will have any more appearance in other episodes later. But ooh the thought of they sent him back to his home planet just like that... Jonas was a human from another planet fyi. I know there will be clash of characters if they keep both of Jonas and Daniel but then they were not 100% the same. While Daniel was more of historian, Jonas was more like male version of Sam. He was a fast learner, had keen sensory ability including photographic memory and acute attention to details but I like it that he didn't overshadow Sam. He was like Sam's assistant but still his own person. Many people liked Jonas but they liked Daniel Jackson more. Well, this series has long ended and here I am fuming about it. Hahaha.

This series was once aired in TV3. I watched it when I was a child but have no memories of the storyline. When I first started watching Stargate SG-1 last year, I saw one of the character (Teal'c) and find him familiar. That was when I realized this was one of the series that I watched and loved as a child. I even asked my mum and my dad if they remember this series and my mum responded with "cerita lama tu" and my dad said, "cerita mengarut". Hahaha. My dad was the person who introduced me to sci-fi movies and series. He was the one who develop and nurture my love towards science and technology through books and TV shows. He will remind me whenever my favourite shows aired and now he said it was a ridiculous show? How dare he. Hahaha.

Thank you for reading my rant. I feel okay now. Please let me know if you watched this series too and who do you prefer? With or without Jonas Quinn?

💙
Nurul

You May Also Like

22 comments

  1. I've never watched this and this is a first time for me being introduce this series.
    Now now should I start on a new series? hhehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are a fan of sci fi series, then go for it! Hehehe

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Okay la tu 1 episode pun 1 episode la haha.

      Delete
  3. Unfortunately, i didnt watch Stargate and having no any idea what the series all about. Sorry cannot help ya :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You reading this rant already helping! Haha

      Delete
  4. Waalaikumussalam.
    How many season for this film? and each season how long we have to spend? hehe. Actually i just curiosity with that film. Amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it had 10 seasons maybe. I'm not so sure.

      Delete
  5. I never watch this but the synopsis sounds kinda interesting. Nice sharing.. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. kalau ada masa boleh layan la drama bersiri begini

    ReplyDelete
  7. nvr heard of these series before..
    jarang tengok series takot sangkot. tapi adalah layan few..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tu la masalahnye denga series. bila dah sangkut tu memang komitmen la nak habiskan. hehehe

      Delete
  8. Pernah tahu cerita ni cuma kurang minat nak tengok cerita macam ni =_='

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. genre sci fi ni memang tak ramai yang minat kot. hehe

      Delete
  9. Actually i never saw this film, just for this time read your fast review. and just realize if that film is very old, maybe on holiday will be on my playlist to watch! thanks ukhti.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hana tak pernah tengok series ni. ;) but I'd love to if you suggest to me. heheh ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kalau Hana suka sci fi, memang patut tengok ni :)

      Delete
  11. I never watch European drama because there'll be too many seasons and my impatient self couldn't wait for the series to end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is a Canadian series but yeah, many seasons require commitments and patient. Hehehe

      Delete

Hi, thanks for your comments ^_^