AN UNFORTUNATE STORY WITH A PLOT TWIST

by - January 11, 2020

Assalamualaikum. Hi.


I was on my way to work last Tuesday when I saw this incident. It happened at the junction close to my office. There was a family of three; a father, a mother and a child. From the uniform the kid wore, I assumed the parents wanted to send him to kindergarten but sadly their motorcycle broke down. I stopped at the nasi lemak stall close to the junction to buy nasi lemak. It was one of those days where I crave for nasi lemak and I just can't stop myself from having it. Anyone guilty of ruining their own diet? Raise your hand and don't let me be the only one here.

Anyway, back to the story. The male owner of the nasi lemak stall already running to help the family. I ordered my nasi lemak while eyeing them and contemplated if I should offer to send the mother and the son to school or not. I have this problem whenever I want to help people, I think too much. That time I thought to myself, what if they don't want my help? What if the stall owner already offered that, what if they take my offer to help the wrong way and that hurt their pride? Yup, my mind have the ability to run that wild in just couple of seconds.

By the time I paid for my nasi lemak, the stall owner was back to his stall and I saw the family went inside a Vellfire parked at one of the shop close to the stall. The husband was at the driver seat, ready to drive. Hahaha. I don't understand the situation at that point. My assumption was wrong. I assessed back the situation and I conclude 'the father' wasn't actually the father. I think he was one of the good guy who came to help the family (now consist only the mother and the son hahaha). I believed they were in a good hand after that with the kid safely arrived at school and the mother able to send her broken motorcycle to workshop.

So kids, what are the moral of this story?

1. Do not assume things. What we see might not be the truth. But I still assume until the end just to stop my curiosity or I won't be able to do anything that day because I'll keep thinking about the incident. Hahaha.

2. There are still good people in this world and we should be one of them.

3. Do not think too much before helping people. Just do it. Actually, I think I'll still have this problem. It is so hard to shake off negative thought whenever I'm at that kind situation. Any useful tips, anyone?

Thank you for reading.

💙
Nurul

You May Also Like

32 comments

  1. Saya pun sejenis yang overthinking. Whenever I see someone in distress or when I assumed someone needs help, I always think quite long until someone else beat me to it. Bukan nak kejar pahala, tapi kadang2 tu pelik juga dengan diri sendiri, kenapa aku fikir panjang nak tolong orang? Maybe diri sendiri pun tak terjaga.

    Hopefully one day, I'll get the courage to just help people in need without thinking too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. End up macam incident ni la, langsung tak tolong pun. I wish for the same too. May we someday have the courage to help people in need. Sedekah duit is easy but to use energy and nak approach orang and tanya tu yang susah.

      Delete
  2. Terbaik sis blogging dalam English.. mmg boleh pergi jauh ni..

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes i agree with that point number 2. be the one of nice people

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the world will be better with more nice people

      Delete
  4. The plot twist makes me think that we may come up with the wrong idea at the first place but it is not our fault right since we didnt get the full picture happened there. Btw i hope the mother any her son will be okay. And thanks to the good guy, he is the hero.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup, we might get the wrong idea because we don't know the real story. that's why we shouldn't judge. I also hope they were okay.

      Delete
  5. assalamualaikum... selamat tahun baru 2020... maaf laa baru sempat nak datang jenguk ke blog ni... insya allah sy akan kembali fokus sm mcm sebelum ni.... harap2 tak serik utk terjah blog sy nanti ya...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. selamat tahun baru jugak anies. tu lah, lame anies tak update.

      Delete
  6. After being encountered with few scams while studying before, I become the same too, overthinking to help people on the road. I mean, if it is in a building with lots of people who I know / know me, it is still okay. I am still not able to stop and help either if I found people asking for help by the side of the road -_-' hehe

    hanisamanina.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'll be skeptical and scared too if I strangers asking for help. I might run away too. Especially because we are girls. Easy target.

      Delete
  7. I think we share the same problem :D hahah I'm seriously way too overthinking whenever it involves the other people.Tapi tu lah, bila tak dapat tolong tu mesti jadi nightmare gila... hahah.
    .
    Happy New Year kak! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haah, sedih lepas tu asyik terfikir-fikir bila tak tolong tu.

      Happy New Year to you too Hana.

      Delete
  8. A very good read. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha.. ingtkn plot twist dlm movie je... real life pon ade twist gak erk.. :p

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're not alone sis. Me also have the same problems like yours. Suka thinking macam-macam before helping others. Hoping I can settle, the problems but it quite hard. Hehe. Thanks for this, I get something by reading this. <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I overthink things too! But then when I remember my helpful friends I always think how would they act in my place..That gives me courage a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can totally relate with no. 3. Susah nak tak overthinking sebab dah banyak cerita2 selalu dengar especially pasal scam.. well.. i guess i have no tips XD btw, dah lama tak makan nasi lemak *cries*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Orang sekarang ramai yang tak boleh percaya. Kesian orang yang betul2 dalam kesusahan kalau takde orang nak tolong sebab fobia.

      Delete
  13. its normal to think of so many things before we are able to help people. sebab pengalaman.. sometimes when we do good thing get back to us in an unwanted situation dats why.. and we cant run from having assumptions. hehe manusia biasa kita ni gitula..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haah memang manusia ni senang betul buat assumptions sendiri. I'm included. Hehehe

      Delete
  14. Tak tahu nak bagi tips apa sebab kadang Fiza pun macam tu juga. tak tahu nak buat..blur dan kadang overthinking pulak..aduhaiii

    ReplyDelete
  15. rasanya semua org mcm ni dan tak boleh dinafikan..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haah, yang ramai nye macam ni la. yang pantas membantu tu kurang. hehehe

      Delete
  16. Suka sangat baca blog Nurul dengan penulisan english.. bila baca, rasa senang hati sangat sebab susunan ayat cantik😍.. really adore you😊.
    ~kan selalu terjadi begini jugak... berfikir berkali².. nak bantu ke taknak??😅. Macam² dlm otak fikir. sedar² orang tu dah dibantu org lain..😅

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww terima kasih untuk pujian tu. Tu lah, banyak sangat fikir sampai terlepas peluang sebab orang lain dah tolong. Tak pun sebab dah jalan lepas dari tempat kejadian.

      Delete

Hi, thanks for your comments ^_^