CHEAP SCENTS FOR HOME AND PROBLEMS I HAVE WITH THEM

by - March 14, 2020

Assalamualaikum. Hi.

That is one clickbait title. I apologize in advance for that.

I love it when my house smell good. I think most women can relate to this right? Men please don't feel offended. Hahaha. We spend a lot of our time at home especially housewives. But I don't want to spend too much money on house scents because in my opinion although it is important to have a house that smell amazing but it still just a value added, not a necessity. So I always resort to cheap but good quality scents.

That being said, here are the things I use to make my house smell good.

p/s : I found new usage for my romance books that I don't read anymore (read : pictures prop 😂) 

Glade Automatic Spray (~RM15 for the refill can)
I've been using this for years now (Glade please sponsor me 😆). I tried different smell of this spray during earlier days I started using it. Sort of experimenting which smell suit me best and I found the one for me. Now I only buy the Lavender & Vanilla refill and I love it so much. You know how each house has it own signature smell right? For example, my late grandpa's house had this smell that I loved, a combination of his smell and everything else in the house. Kind of rustic smell. Glade's Lavender & Vanilla is the signature smell I wish to have for my house. But I have problems with this type of diffuser(?). First, it operate on battery so I need to change the batteries once in three or four months and that's extra cost I don't want to bear. So I often let it sit for a long time before I feel like changing the batteries. That bring us to second problem, I'm not sure if this is related or not but I noticed everytime I let the spray unit sit unused for a long time, it won't work anymore even after I changed the battery. So yeah, the spray unit is not really reliable. Now I use this spray manually and that's answer why I haven't finished the can even after 6 months. I just forgot to spray it.

IKEA Sinnlig Scented Candle (RM5.90 - RM12.90)
I'm sure everyone who ever visited IKEA are familiar with this scented candle. Like Glade spray, I only buy vanilla scent because that's the only one scent I love among all other choices they have. You can see there is red candle in the picture. Arrif chose that because he likes everything strawberry (Yeah I know weird) but he never use it so I have to burn it just because I hate seeing the candle sit in the storage. I usually burn the candle in my bedroom. It give me the calming effect and make me sleep better (the vanilla ones, not strawberry). Don't worry, I put it far away from my bed and I will light it up only if Arrif is busy with his game and won't sleep until before 2.00 am so that there will be someone to blow out the candle.  I also will light it up after I vacuumed my bedroom on every weekend morning just to make the room smell good. My problem with candle is it's not really safe. Of course I put it at a safe place but accident could happen right? And also, what did people do with the glass when the candle is finished? As you might know, I'm not a hoarder (you can read about it HERE), but the glass is nice. So everytime the candle is finished, I'll wash the glass, hoping I could use it for something later. I thought about planting succulent in the glass and make them as decoration or give them to people. Funny thing is, whenever I washed the glass and let it sit to dry on the dish drainer, Arrif will use it to drink water. Hahaha. I think it's not harmful as glass don't absorb chemicals from the things it contain, no? Chemist please correct me if I'm wrong.

DAISO Reed Diffuser (RM5.60)
I bought this diffuser from Daiso after watching a review on YouTube and this is the first time I bought them. The smells are quite nice but they are not strong enough to spread into the room. I literally need to put my nose very close to the bottle for me to able to smell it. Maybe you can put this in a wardrobe but I don't have wardrobe for now so I'm not going to buy it again.

That's all I use in my house for now. I know Bath and Body Works have tons of choices for scented candles but I'm not going to spend my money on something that expensive. I'll buy them when I become a Tai tai later. Hahaha. But I've been eyeing their wallflower. The price is a little bit higher than all the scents that I currently use, but still kind of affordable? Yeah, that answer why I haven't buy it yet. I'm still thinking do I really want to spend more than RM20 for house scents? What do you think? Is it a wise purchase? And also, please let me know what kind of scent do you use at home. I'm still looking for the best and cheap ways to make my house smell good.

p/s: I compiled my commentator's link here as my way of appreciating their visit and comments. Feel free to visit them too ya 😊

Thank you for reading.

💙
Nurul 

You May Also Like

24 comments

  1. wak tgk blog ni pon dh wangi., hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am using diffuser with essential oil for scents and health benefits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered that one a day after I post this. Hahaha.

      Delete
  3. Dulu wife pernah beli perfume jenis macam ni, awal-awal tu rasa pening juga sebab tak biasa. Lama-lama ok, cuma sekarang ni guna EO bila perlu sahaja.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ramai orang pakai EO kan sekarang. Saya pun baru nak try.

      Delete
  4. Aku tak tahulah YLEO dikategorikan as house scent ke tak. Tapi aku guna tu je la for now. Cuma aku tak rajin nak pasang sebab mahal, haha. Lepas tu aku ada 1 je diffuser, ruang nak pasang kat rumah banyak pulak. Jadi for now pasang kat bilik tidur je. Plan to buy another diffuser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Komen dekat atas ni semue pasal EO. Hahaha. Aku baru je order. Tak tau la macam mana nanti. Kalau aku rasa too expensive untuk diffuse as pewangi rumah, 24 jam or 12 jam straight pasang aku beli wallflower tu jugak kot. Yg EO tu guna time perlu la.

      Delete
  5. I can handle the smell. certain2 je yg boleh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are just like my mum. Dia pun tak boleh bau wangi sangat. Hehehe

      Delete
  6. Kalau mak Hana selalu guna soflan ja hahah. Bancuh guna air pastu bubuh dalam spray bottle. Dah siap... ngehehe ;) Btw, thanks for your recommendation kakak! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice tips Hana! Thank you. Lepas tu sembur dekat ruang rumah or dekat perabot? Akak pun ada few softener yang akak suka sangat bau dorang. Maybe boleh try petua mak Hana ni. Hehehe

      Delete
  7. mesti semerbak 1 rumah kan... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tak semerbak jugak Anies. Tak cukup kuat lagi bau nya bagi saya. Heheh

      Delete
  8. I think for a RM20 or less, is a good choice.
    Can't imagine being broke but wanting to have Yankee candle, Lilin + Co or Jo Malone for your house/room.
    Orang have-have boleh lah but for a broke unemployed loser like me, Pakai je lah candle Vanilla IKEA tu. I love that one.
    Selalu akan beli 2 paket for 2 months. Bau pun boleh tahan juga.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never heard of Yankee and I don't know Lilin + Co price range. But I know Jo Malone cost a bomb! Right? For normal people like us, pakai je la Vanilla IKEA tu. Wangi and kuat jugak buat dia.

      Delete
  9. I really like the scent of roses. I use essential oil in a burner besides scented candle. Unfortunately the scent does not last long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's my main problem too. They scents are not long lasting.

      Delete
  10. Dulu guna ambi pur and scented candle IKEA jugak. Tapi sekarang guna YL Diffuser and EO :)
    Sejenis yang kat rumah mesti nak bau yang wangi wangi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saya baru guna YL diffuser for few days now. But bau dia tak kuat sangat. Maybe sebab dah biasa dengan home scents jenis lain yang bau kuat.

      Delete
  11. I used reed diffuser from Lovely Lace at IOI. The one I bought online langsung tak ada bau

    ReplyDelete
  12. i likee Glade jugak.. the rose scent sooo good.
    and for me RM15 a month okla not bad untuk kehidupan =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the candle stick is the cutest one, classic style..

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for your comments ^_^