SKINCARE ROUTINE FOR MY ACNE PRONE SKIN

by - October 17, 2020

 Assalamualaikum. Hi.

As promised in THIS post, I'm here to write about my skincare routine. I have combination skin where I have oily T-zone and dry cheeks and chin. My skin is also super sensitive and acne-prone. If you have similar skin type with me and wish to try any products that I will mention later, please read more about those products especially the ingredients. Also please remember, products that work on me don't necessarily work on you even though we have similar skin types. If you tried them and it doesn't work, don't be sad and frustrated for too long. Keep on searching okay. You'll find skincare that suitable for you eventually. And I think I've found an okay-ish skincare routine for me.

Now, here's my skincare routine by following the order. Oh, I apologize for the bad quality pictures below. Hahaha. I thought the lighting was okay when I took those pictures but when I put them here, now realize how crappy they are.

MORNING ROUTINE

1. Hada Labo Hydra & Whitening Face Wash Super Hyaluronic Acid
I was all about hyaluronic acid before. I see hyaluronic acid, I buy. Hahaha. Now the only thing in my routine that mentions hyaluronic acid on the packaging is this cleanser. I like this cleanser because it doesn't make my face dry.

2. Caver Nano Ag+ Wash 60ppm
This was prescribed by my doctor to me but she said I can continue using it as long as I want. This is actually nanosilver spray that has antibacterial properties so it is good news for your skin and bad news for the bacterias causing the acne I guess.

3. COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence
This one was suggested by my doctor. I previously use SOME BY MI Snail Truecica Miracle Repair Serum but it does nothing to my skin. So I change to this one. It does hydrate my skin and that's about it.

4. Kiehls's Super Multi-Corrective Cream
This is my favourite moisturizer ever! I did a review about it HERE so go read it.

5. Kiehl's Ultra Light Daily UV Defense Aqua Gel SPF50 PA++++
I like the texture but I love Dr KO sunscreen texture more but I hate Dr KO sunscreen metallic cap when the coating came out and stuck to my face. That's why I change my sunscreen to this one. Until Dr KO change their crappy packaging, I think I'll jump from one sunscreen to another until I found my next favourite. This Kiehl's sunscreen is okay but in my opinion, it's not worth the price tag.

After slapping all of those things on my face, it's makeup time. Concealer, lip balm and lipstick on lazy days (read: almost every day) or no makeup on weekends except when I go out.

NIGHT ROUTINE

Onto night routine.


1. Heimish All Clean Balm
I love this balm a lot. I didn't do double cleanse before. Well, I tried with Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil last year but I hate the smell and the feel of it on my skin. Not to forget it also made my skin became oilier. So I stop double cleanse because I was too lazy to experiment with another cleanser. Until my doctor suggested me this balm and it was love at first use. Hahaha. It is recommended for people who use heavy make up. I don't do heavy makeup on daily basis (refer above) but I still use this. It cleanses and hydrates your skin at the same time. I usually use this during my evening shower. Ooh, I tried Kiehl's oil cleanser sample too but this one is better in my opinion.

2. Hada Labo Hydra & Whitening Face Wash Super Hyaluronic Acid
I wash my face using this and following by other routines only when I'm about to go to sleep.

3. Caver Nano Ag+ Wash 60ppm

4.  SOME BY MI AHA BHA PHA 30 Days Miracle Toner
I use this every other day because it is a chemical exfoliator and it is not good to chemically exfoliates your skin every day. I like this toner because not only it make my face feel fresh and clean from dead skin but it also reduces blackheads and whiteheads.

5. COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence

6. Kiehl's Powerful Wrinkle & Pore Reducing Cream
The name of this cream really terrifies me. Hahaha. I bought this because the SA at Kiehl's IOI City Mall said my favourite moisturizer (refer above) was already discontinued because they are going to come out with better formulation for that particular cream and she suggested this one for me. I don't see any visible result yet from this cream because I only use it during the night for now.

The reason why I only use the above cream during the night.

7. The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Moroccan Argan Oil (with a twist)
BEHOLD MY MOST FAVOURITE PRODUCT IN MY ENTIRE ROUTINE. Hahaha. I was planning to do a separate post to review this product because it deserves a special place in this blog but yours truly is so busy nowadays. I'll write a little bit about it here and make a full review post later if I have the time, alright. So this is my skin holy grail. The name is The Ordinary Argan Oil but mine is not ordinary at all because I add something special to this oil. Hahaha. I added essential oils from Young Living making it my own beauty serum. The essential oils that I added to this are Frankincense, Lavender and Copaiba. I think I'll stop writing about these oils here or else it will become one long paragraph. I promise I'll write a separate post soon.

So that's all for my skincare routine. I hope this can help you in a way or another. Just leave a comment if you have any questions about any of the products I mentioned above.

Ooh btw, I'm now a Young Living Distributor, you can contact me if you have any questions about Young Living or to enrol as a member or just want to buy any Young Living EO okay.

Thank you for reading.

💙
Nurul

For limited time only. Enroll now as a member and enjoy member benefits with this kit. Let me know if you want to own...

Posted by Nurul Aziz on Friday, 16 October 2020

You May Also Like

16 comments

  1. I really want to try The Ordinary, but always did not have the chance to properly buy it. Haha

    hanisamanina.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think their products are mostly good but you have to do some reading before using them because I think they are a little bit complicated to use. Hahaha

      Delete
  2. Many people join Young & Living. It is a detailed face care routine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never believed in things like EO hahaha. But I tried Young Living's and they works fine with me. Hihihi. I just feel like sharing hence the detailed routine tho nobody asked for it hahaha.

      Delete
  3. I love Snail Mucin serum. It's my favourite.
    I've seen the hype for The Ordinary and sadly it doesn't work for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not crazy about it because the Cosrx that I use is okay but no visible effect yet. So I'll just continue using it until I accidently stumble upon a new replacement for it. Hahaha. Maybe you got the wrong product for your skin. But then, if it was me, I'll assume the same with you too. Experimenting with skincare sure is tiring

      Delete
  4. Produk Hado Labo tu ramai pengguna review kesannya bagus untuk kulit. btw, kita tertarik dengan scindapsus yang dah menjalar panjang tu. Love EO YL. hari hari diffuse EO Lemon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nurul beli sebab tengok adik yang pakai lepas tu curi dia punya dulu before beli sendiri hahaha. Scindapsus tu tinggal sebatang tu jela dalam pasu. Kesian dia takde kawan. Nak kene tambah kawan tu sebab kesian tengok menjalar sorang-sorang je. Hahaha. My fav pulak Lavender (for now. Sebab selalu tukar-tukar fav hihi)

      Delete
  5. Teringin nak try Hada Labo ;)
    .
    Thank you for your review kak Nurul!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try la Hana. Maybe try pencuci muka dia dulu sebab yang tu affordable sikit. You are welcome girl. Hihihi

      Delete
  6. currently I m using Hada Labo Hydra & Whitening Face Wash Super Hyaluronic Acid and Snail Mucin serum seems interesting to try...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stop using the snail mucin for now. I'm not sure if I bought the fake one. First bottle was okay but the second bottle cause acne at my jawline T_T. I bought it at Shopee so I think there's possibility of fake product.

      Delete
  7. Woahhh I got some useful tips here!!! I might look into the facial wash since it has been very hard for me to find suitable face wash for my skin which is also acne prone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad this post help you! Please write a review when you find the right one for your acne prone skin

      Delete
  8. Disebabkan covid took away our jobs and sustenance. I have to reduce my skincare products and go for something that can do a lot with just a few items. Alhamdulillah muka takdelah pecah cuma jerawat susah nak naik. And sangat jimat. I love Kiehl's stuff, yang mana ada ni memang jimat2 je guna hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are lucky. I think I have high maintenance skin. It's so hard to maintain it. Yup agree, Kiehls stuff are so good! But the price tag tho T_T

      Delete

Hi, thanks for your comments ^_^