OUR RAYA DURING COVID19 #COVEID2020

by - June 06, 2020

Assalamualaikum.

I hope it's still not too late to wish you Selamat Hari Raya. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize if there are any of my writings that hurt you or anger you.

How was your raya? I hope you have a good one despite this current situation. I can summarize mine in five words. Just like normal MCO days. Okay, there were slight differences but it's almost like any new normal days.

We took this picture on the raya morning

We didn't buy any baju raya because I figured we won't really beraya after all. Moreover, I have four pairs of baju kurung with my tailor in Terengganu. So we just wore what we have just for the sake of pictures and video calling families. Hahaha.

VC with Arrif's family


VC with my family

Guess what did my ayah do on the raya morning. Potong rumput. Hahaha. There were only Iqa, my little sister left at the house with my parents so they literally didn't raya at all. Guess where was my mak. Hand washes clothes in the bathroom. My parents sure have weird ways to cope with the sadness of missing their children. Since we didn't manage to speak with mak during the morning VC session, Ira tried calling her again that evening but to no avail. Apparently, she was at our aunt's house, beraya together with Angah, my little brother (the one in purple baju Melayu), and her wife. Luckily Angah came back that afternoon after beraya with his in-laws. I don't like raya but when this happened, it hurts me because I know my parents must've felt lonely without their children. They never show their sadness neither they speak about it because they know how those can affect their children. We only managed to speak properly with mak on the second day of raya. Such a pro in hiding that one.

Enough with the sad story. Next is food. On the last day of Ramadhan, Ira cooked beef rendang while I cooked mandy chicken. Arrif bought lemang, creampuff, cheese tart, and brownies. I bought frozen ketupat palas. Our neighbor also gave us some beef rendang and lemang rebus(?). I'm not sure about the lemang rebus. It was wrapped in banana leaves. Let me know if you know what is it called. We were well prepared in the food department huh. Hahaha. I don't think I have any pictures of the food because well, I don't really take pictures.

After all those pictures and VC sessions, the three of us went back to our normal MCO activities. I played The Sims 4 all day long.

That's how I spent my first day of Raya during CMCO. Tell me yours!

p/s:  I compiled my commentator's link here as my way of appreciating their visit and comments. Feel free to visit them too ya 😊

Thank you for reading.

💙
Nurul

You May Also Like

11 comments

  1. Thank goodness you back from hiatus in this space.
    I also want to apologize if any my comments was inappropriate.
    Well, my Raya we went to my cousin's house. Only one. Hehe. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have the will to blog this past months. Thankfully I'm back now. Hahaha. You never commented anything inappropriate NA. You too take care :)

      Delete
  2. Selamat Hari Raya jugak :) Nanti saya singgah ye

    ReplyDelete
  3. Selamat Hari Raya for you and your family! Hope it's still not too late to wish it, hahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Selamat Hari Raya too for you and your family Lya! Rayakan sebulan hahaha.

      Delete
  4. selamat hari raya sis!! hehe, how i miss to read the update from your blog!! what a happy family hihi. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Selamat hari raya jugak Izzati. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Selamat hari raya. Again 😁. Well most of us pun having the same raya agaknya hihi. Kecuali start today yey..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Selamat hari raya again Shira. Hehehe. Dah sambung beraya betul-betul ke tu?

      Delete
  6. sy nak ucap selamat hari raya aidil adha boleh? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. boleh. selamat hari raya aidil adha anies heheh.

      Delete

Hi, thanks for your comments ^_^