MY FAVOURITE TELEKUNG (UPDATE!!)

by - June 17, 2020

Assalamualaikum.


I used to wash my telekung at self-service laundry because that's where we (read: Arrif) do all of our laundries. I wasn't sure if it was the laundry's washing machine or dryer but it made clothing worn out faster especially delicate telekung. I learnt it the hard way with my Siti Khadijah telekung. I didn't realize it at first. Then I compared mine with my mak's and realized mine has turned yellowish and the fabric has become softer. Since that day, I usually handwash all of my telekung. Actually, I still wash them using self-service laundry's washing machine because as I observe, it's not the washing machine that causes the worn-out problem but the dryer does. My laziness still gets the best of me.  Hahaha. But most of the time, I handwash them.

I have favourite telekung. An RM25 telekung that I asked my best friend to buy for me from Pasar Siti Khadijah, Kelantan. It is my favourite not because my best friend bought it for me. I paid for it so no sentimental value there. Hahaha. I always love simple cotton white old school telekung but it is so hard to find them nowadays. Most telekung today are heavy with embroidery and so colourful. Some also have flowery prints which repel me hahaha. I also don't really like their face area because the fabric there is thick so it doesn't dry easily and leave bad odour even I normally hang my telekung. Unlike the old school telekung, their face area isn't thick. So this old school telekung is my favourite because it (is);

1. White
2. Cotton
3. Has subtle embroidery
4. Has thin fabric in the face area
5. Fabric neither too soft nor too hard
6. The only old school telekung I own

But something sad happened to my favourite telekung last week. I hand washed and air dried the telekung at balcony as usual last weekend. The sun shone brightly that day. It was windy too... and so the top part of my telekung was gone with the wind. I didn't panic at first because the lower level has a roof and I didn't see my telekung anywhere on the roof as I scanned for it. I thought it must've fallen on the ground. Usually, when anything dropped from any house, the item will be put on the table near the lift so the owner can pick it up there. I thought I can get my telekung back that way too. A few seconds later as I continue scanning the roof, I saw my telekung on the other side of the roof. I panicked and told Arrif about it but he said it will fall to the ground soon since this area is always windy. So I calmed down not because I'm confident it will fall to the ground by itself but because the roof is always clean without any fallen clothes or rubbish so I thought the janitor must've cleaned it regularly.


It is day 3 today but my telekung is still there. I feel sad every time I think about the telekung. The telekung must feel sad too down there and wrote an essay titled Aku Sehelai Telekung. Arrif checked the roof this morning (finally after three days of me making a sad face every time I look at the telekung). He said he can almost touch it with his hand so he will try to get it using a stick after work this evening. I hope I can get my telekung back this evening. I can't even bear to think of buying a new telekung while the telekung is still there. I have no problem throwing unwanted things but when it comes to my favourites, I can be dramatic like this. Hahaha.

UPDATE: As I mentioned above, Arrif said he will try to get the telekung using a stick but the rain beat him to it. Arrif saw my telekung was already on the ground when he arrived there after work. I'm so thankful I got back my telekung.

But there's a lot to do before I could use it again 😢. I tried washing it last night but there is still a lot of stain and dirt that won't come off. I decided to soak it with soap and see if I can remove those today. Pray for my telekung guys and if you have any tips for me to remove the stain and dirt, please let me know.

p/s:  I compiled my commentator's link here as my way of appreciating their visit and comments. Feel free to visit them too ya 😊

Thank you for reading.

💙
Nurul

You May Also Like

27 comments

  1. Hopefully you can get back your telekung. Luckily you can see your well-being telekung everyday until it can be picked up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it back today. But mungkin nak kene basuh beberapa kali baru hilang semua kotor tu T_T

      Delete
    2. BTW thank you for listing my blog.

      Delete
  2. Memang sedih rasanya bila boleh nampak favourite item kita tapi kita tak boleh capai.
    Sebab dulu pernah handphone jatuh dalam longkang. Longkang tu pula dalam dan permanently bolted. Jadinya boleh tengok je....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lagi sedih kalau barang mahal macam handphone tu yang jatuh. Adoi. So akhirnya beli baru ke?

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry but somehow this sound funny to me hehe. Anyway hope you'll get your favourite telekung soon! I have a favourite one too and no matter that I have new ones, I always go back to my fav one because I think it's the comfiest.
    That's so sweet of you to list down your commentators blog! I see my name, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think when I read this in the future, I'll find it funny too so it's okay hehehe. Comfort comes first!

      I hope you feel appreciated ^_^

      Delete
  4. balik Kelantan kang suh Abg Arep belanja baru la Nee...

    ReplyDelete
  5. im so sorry for this. memang bila datang je dekat something yang kita sayang, jadi susah nak let go, apatah lagi nak replace. 😭 stay strong yaa sis. i hope the telekung will be okayy soon..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tu lah, kalau barang tersayang memang macam tu la. Lepas basuh dua kali, macam ade sinar harapan untuk telekung tu. Hihi

      Delete
  6. assalamualaikum... hi everything! ;-) sihat ke tu? maaflah... baru laa ni dapat memunculkan diri. bukan sebab kuarantin tapi... err malaslah nak cakap hahaha... tak tau nak cakap apa. just harap lepas ni kita dapat bertegur sapa lagi macam dulu2... jgn lupa jenguk2 blog sy tu. sy dah bersihkan segala habuk dan sawang2 hahaha...see ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's sad T_T and It's cute that you are talking about your favorite telekung lol. I have my favorite telekung too, hehe. It's comfortable and it makes me feel good coz I find it very pretty. I hope your telekung will be in better condition soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High five for having favourite telekung! Hahaha. I soak it in Vanish and its almost look like new now

      Delete
  8. telekung dh kotor tapi masih elok lagi bole digunakan ., kannns.,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alhamdulillah. Dah basuh bersih ni boleh guna balik dah.

      Delete
  9. Cakap pasal telekung, alhamdulillah kakak Hana hadiahkan Hana telekung baru bulan lepas. Tapi sampai sekarang tak rasa nak pakai.. sebab sayang sangat dengan telekung lama yang Hana biasa pakai haha. Btw, Hana harap telekung favourite akak tengah dalam condition yang okay sekarang ni.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kan, walaupun ade yang baru, yang lama tetap di hati kalau dah favourite tu.

      Delete
  10. Tergelak aku baca part karangan aku sehelai telekung tu. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh noooo !! i can relate sedihnya. its soookay..
    kalau stains x hilang pun boleh guna lagi. kesian dia..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. alhamdulillah stain dah hilang. tapi lepas kejadian tu tak guna lagi dia. bagi dia rehat dulu hahaha

      Delete
  12. kalau dah x ada rezeki kan...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. alhamdulillah masih ada rezeki dengan telekung tu. hehehe

      Delete
  13. I learned something new today. Thank you.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for your comments ^_^