MY MCO UPDATE

by - April 13, 2020

Assalamualaikum. Hi.


It's currently 3.50 am. I can't sleep because I had two mugs of coffee yesterday.  My last blog post dated 22nd March 2020. That was a week into MCO. I didn't blog despite all the free time I have because first, I have no idea on what to blog. I have a few reviews I wanted to write but I didn't feel like writing them yet and now I just don't know if I should even write about them or not. Second... 
Alright, I'm out of excuse. I'm just lazy and words really hard to come by nowadays. It sounds dramatic. It's the hour I think. It's so serene during this time of the night. No wonder we Muslims are encouraged to wake up at this hour and do qiamullail. Anyway, I wrote a post in Malay and didn't finish it because it was hard to hold my tears. It wasn't a sad post but it made me cry. I'll post it if I'm able to finish it later. That being said, I also don't blog walking nowadays. I'll try to visit your blog soon and approved and reply to all of the comments later.

It is the fourth week of MCO. Actually, I lost count of the week so do correct me if I'm wrong. How's everyone doing? I went out twice. First to get a refill of my medicine and second to buy groceries because it was hard asking Arrif to buy something without me looking at the items. He bought canned spread (tuna, salmon, etc) when I asked him to buy canned dishes (curry beef, rendang chicken, etc). No worries, he's a pro now though he bought random brands of fresh milk but that's okay because I found my new favorite. Goodday Balance is so good in my opinion. Also, the canned dishes weren't available at AEON near my house so not Arrif's fault. Other than that, I never get out of the house.

I know the hype for Dalgona coffee is over but I'm still into it. When I said I drank two mugs of coffee yesterday, it was actually Dalgona. I like it because it is easy to make if compare with my usual French press coffee. On my lazy days which is almost every day, I'll just pour cold fresh milk from the fridge into a mixture of hot Nescafe and sugar. I simplify the recipe by removing the beating process. If I feel like Dalgona, I beat the mixture straight inside a mug and pour fresh milk after that. It's not beautiful but it tastes the same in my opinion. Today I beat the mixture inside French press beaker and had it straight from there. It wasn't a classy sight.

When MCO started, I vowed to read three books. We still didn't know MCO will be extended this long during that time so by right, I need to finish three books at the end of the first phase of MCO. Guess what. I still have 100 pages left before I finished that little challenge of mine. If you read this post, I started strong. I finished two books in two days. At that point of time, I was optimistic I can finish at least four or five books. What a joke. But reading makes me feel so good. Like I'm doing something useful with my free time.

That might leave you with a question. What did I do if I don't blog and read during my free time? I do random unproductive stuff.

A lot of people take this time to watch a lot of movies and dramas. I don't do much of watching. I finished Itaewon Class and after that, I watched Catch The Ghost because of Kim Seonho, the guy from 1 night 2 days. He's my new eye candy by the way. It wasn't until episode 8 I started to watch the drama because of the drama itself. If you ask me, it is a good drama if it wasn't for the female lead character. She was just annoying with her determination and all. I just finished Welcome to Waikiki 2 yesterday. It's a light drama, I watched it while playing games. After that, I watched Door Lock, a thriller Korean movie. Not my type of movie but I watched it anyway because of the interesting synopsis. The same day I watched Door Lock, I watched The Con Artist and today I watched Extreme Job. I'm a sucker for comedy. Doesn't matter the main theme, crime, action, medical as long as they have comedy element, I'm good. I'm sorry but I'm not one of those movie/drama audiences that seek serious, factual, or deep stories (except for sci-fi because I loveee sci-fi). Series like Black Mirror and movies like The Platform and Vivarium make me feel literally nauseous. My soft heart can't take them.

My phone took most of the time from me as usual. I'm not on social media a lot (except for Twitter hehe). Wait. Come to think of it, I wasn't with my phone that much either. I think it is my sleeping pattern. Can you believe I woke up at 10.00 or 11.00 am nowadays? My sleeping pattern has become haywire this past two weeks. I woke up, did house chores, and/or exercise. After the shower, I'll have brunch while watching whatever I was watching. Then it's Zohor. I usually open my laptop after my Zohor prayer to play The Sims 4 (I restart every few days so no progress). Yeah, that's about it. Oh, I just downloaded Plato a week ago and have random people in our group. So far we have my husband, my little sisters, my best friend, my best friend's sister who is also my little sister's friend, my little sister's best friends which one of them also friend with my best friend's little sister. Hahaha. My personal favorite would be Conspiracy but it was hard to gather six members. It's been two days since we last played Conspiracy. But we still play other games together every day. Most of the people in our group are night owls. For example tonight we started at 10.00pm and finished at 2.30 am with all sorts of random things in between games like putting kids to sleep, having late dinner, playing other games (The Sims 4 for me) and work. 

Well, I think that's all for now. I just hope I can finish the third book. Ramadhan also not far away, I need to up the ibadah game. Alright, that sounds wrong but you get it, right? Stay safe everyone. May we able to go through this crisis quickly.

p/s:  I compiled my commentator's link here as my way of appreciating their visit and comments. Feel free to visit them too ya 😊

Thank you for reading.

💙
Nurul

You May Also Like

31 comments

  1. Haha, patutlah senyap lama. 'Banyak' aktiviti ko. Kehkeh. Anyway rindu your rants. Go find your missing soul to write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tu lah pasal. Banyak sangat aktiviti aku heheh. Wow tak sangka ada orang rindu rants aku. Hihihi.

      Delete
    2. Rindulah. Kahkah. Ikhlas ni.

      Delete
  2. I hope you're doing okay! I'm currently going through the same cycle day in day out. I spend most of my time on my phone, not really knowing what to do on it as well. Sometimes I'm on Twitter, Instagram and Youtube (in that order) but never really staying long because I get bored. Now I'm starting to read books again just to "neutralise" that boredom. hahaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you for picking up reading again! I wish I can stick my nose to books but seriously, my phone is my biggest distraction. I hope you are doing okay too!

      Delete
  3. I never step out of my house since RMO began. I think I might forgot how to drive already haha.
    I love dalgona too, but I made it with chocolate/ milo instead since I don't drink coffee. And it tastes just as good!
    You at least did read books! I planned to read at least one book per week but even after 5th week, I only managed to read one book. Haha
    I watched so many movies during RMO, I should give the reviews.
    Hope you're doing fine and stay healthy during RMO. I wish we got to get through this trying time soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel weird to drive again after weeks of not driving. I felt gayat. Hahaha. My little made dalgona using milo once. She loved it too. Come on Lya, we can do it! Let us read together. Hahaha. You too, hope you are doing good and stay healthy!

      Delete
  4. Same here. Reading make me feel better too. I hope you're doing well during this MCO. Pls stay healthy and stay safe yee. love you. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Izzati. You too, stay healthy and stay safe! <3

      Delete
  5. While I'm currently struggle to finish my 'Puasa ganti'. hahaha so tahun depan tobat tak nak ganti last minute lagi dah! ngeee :3
    .
    Oh yah until now, still tak try lagi Dalgona Coffee tu! hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Bagus kalau ganti awal-awal puasa. Dah dekat-dekat nak puasa ni boleh santai-santai puasa sunat pulak

      Delete
    2. Salam ramdan kakak! ;) kalau puasa tak penuh kita ganti semsama nanti eh? hahah

      Delete
  6. Welcome back in blogging world. Take time.
    I think you did a lot of things when you absent from blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you NA. Yup I did a lot of unproductive things. Hahaha

      Delete
  7. I don't really know what I did these past few weeks of MCO but one thing for sure is I rarely miss my exercise routine XD. At least I got one good thing to maintain haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you for not missing exercise! For me I always skip few days hahaha. Getting started is the problem. During exercise, Nurul enjoy je.

      Delete
    2. That's great. Yep, getting started is the hardest. I feel you. But once you're accustomed to it, you won't be able to stop. An update, I've been sleeping a lot these days. Felt a bit tired and I even skip my exercise today. This girl is sad now. Well, I was a bit unwell tbh, that's why.

      Delete
  8. Weirdly, I don't spend that much time on my phone like I always did but more on my laptop. Playing The Sims 4 tu dah memang sebab nak kena jaga kebajikan hantu2 dalam rumah tu and gonna keep their career going. Trying to have another baby though hahaha

    And other than that, I spend most of my time watching NCT vlogs, 2D1N season 3 (sebab rindu) and new movies that I didn't get the chance to watch before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I spent longer time with my laptop nowadays (but still don't blog) thanks to The Sims 4. Searhing for CC took most of the time actually.

      Delete
  9. since MCO waktu tidur agak lambat juga. yes, because of coffee. Same goes here, still enjoying dalgona coffee, beat the mixture straight inside a mug and pour fresh milk then as you did. sama je kot rasanya. Btw dah tengok juga Door Lock, Con Artist and Extreme Job. Drama je tak boleh nak tengok sebab ambil masa lama nak habis. jenis tak sabar nak tunggu ending. Hihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same lah kite. Harapnya bila start keje balik nanti ni boleh tidur macam biasa balik la. Kalau tak habis la mata panda dekat office.

      Delete
  10. Opps I forgot to click the publish button lol. Adoi.

    I mostly work from home and I feel demotivated to do anything lol. Would try downloading Plato because I'm bored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WFH is not easy with all the distraction. Don't forget to paksa your family members or friends to download them too because playing with them is more fun!

      Delete
  11. My sleeping pattern messed up pretty bad too during this MCO, I should've started blogging during all the free time I had but I just enjoy myself doing nothing haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone's sleeping pattern were messed up. Hahaha. I'm glad I'm not alone both with sleeping pattern and enjoying doing nothing

      Delete
  12. I think im being productive during this Ramadhan. We usually go to bazar but since MCO, i kinda stuck with the meal for iftar. Have no choice, so i cook..and also i shoot some videos to upload it in youtube. Btw it comes out good and number of viewer is increasing now..hihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually go to bazaar too and I'm happy I can cook for iftar meal this year. All the best with your YouTube channel!

      Delete
  13. Rasanya during MCO most of the people having the same routine like others haha. Now dah start kerja even berjadual tak sepenuh minggu, rasa leganya dapat keluar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lega jugak dapat keluar kerja tapi ada hari rasa eghh kan best kalau boleh kerja dari rumah je

      Delete
  14. sy pun tidur lewat jg mcm mco... hari2 biasa 10.30 dah hanyut. tp time mco pukul 1.00 pun masih terkebil2... bkn x nk tido tp sibuk layan IG hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bahaya betul ig kan. ade je bende nak tengok.

      Delete

Hi, thanks for your comments ^_^