I WATCH : THE EXPANSE

by - June 23, 2019

Hi.

PLEASE. GO. WATCH. IT


It's so good, guys. So, so good I don't know how to write this entry.

The Expanse is a sci-fi series based on novels of the same title. I'm not in the right mind to summarize this series but I'll help you by copying some summary from Wikipedia.

The series is set in a future where humanity has colonized the solar system and follows a disparate band of antiheroes - United Nations Security Council member Chrisjen Avasarala (I stan this woman. She's queen), police detective Josephus Miller, ship's office James Holden and his crew - as they unwittingly unravel and place themselves at the center of a conspiracy which threatens the system's fragile state cold war like peace, the class balance and the survival of humanity.

Hundreds of years in the future (and there's no sign of AI so far which I love because I have love-hate relationship with AI hahaha), in a colonized solar system, police detective Josephus Miller, born on Ceres in the asteroid belt, is sent to find a missing young woman, Juliette "Julie" Andromeda Mao. James Holden, executive officer of the ice hauler Canterbury, is involved in a tragic incident that threatens to destabilize the uneasy peace between Earth, Mars and the Belt. On Earth, Chrisjen Avasarala, a United Nations executive, works to prevent war between Earth and Mars by any means necessary. Soon, the three find out that the missing woman and the ice hauler's fate are part of a conspiracy that threatens humanity.


Rocinante (MCRN Tachi) ship Crew

Miller, Avasarala and Holden 'Snow'

To those who enjoy sci-fi with outerspace setting, please watch this. Heck, if you ever watch Avengers or Interstellar and enjoy those, please watch this series.

I love, love, love how balanced the science and fiction of this series. No AI (hahaha I really do have serious issue with AI), no alien (not yet), no interstellar travel (not yet). I'm not sure about their future seasons you know with many series went downhill after seasons *cough Game of Thrones *cough Once Upon A Time. but the first three seasons were GREAT. Ooh, there are only 3 released seasons as of now. I don't know how many seasons will they have but for sure more waiting game for me T_T.

But looking at their fans which consist of a bunch of nerd, I'm not sure if other viewer will appreciate this series. It's going to be such a waste of a good series if they don't. But I think GoT fans might like it. They have their own 'Jon Snow' guys. Good looking good guy with "I do not want the throne" and "She's my queen" attitude. Hahaha.

Read : The Expanse is still Game of Thrones in space, and that's awesome
Also read : The Best Thing on TV This Year Was: 'The Expanse'

To quote The Best Thing on TV This Year Was : 'The Expanse' author

There are levels of loving a TV show. There’s “I love this show” in the moment you watch it, well knowing you’ll forget it as soon as it’s replaced by another great one. And then there’s the show that knocks you on your ass, becomes an all-time top favorite almost immediately—an “I love this show so much my friends and family have put a moratorium on talking about it, because we love you, honey, but we’re sick of hearing about deep space.”

But I'm thankful for Arrif because we share the same enthusiasm towards this series (and many more nerd stuff) and my other family members and friends don't have to listen to my ramble about this series in which won't be fun for both sides because I can't vent out my feeling and they don't understand and find me boring. Hahaha.

Ooh, fun fact #1
George R.R Martin and Wil Wheaton are some of the celebrities that love the series

source : @GRRMspeaking twitter

Ooh, fun fact #2
This series was cancelled by SyFy and (of course) fans protested. The fans gathered signatures for online petition, lobbied Amazon Studios and Netflix to continue the series, do crowdfunding campaign paid for an airplane to fly a "#SaveTheExpanse" banner over Amazon Studios. Crazy nerd. Hahaha. In the end, Amazon (and fans) saved the series.

Please watch it guys and let me know how you like it. But my advice, please sit thru the pilot episode because it's so boring I almost stop it halfway. Thanks to Arrif who make sure I finished the first episode. Hahaha. He already watched it before me and God know how much he nagged me to watch it too. I was skeptical because he always nagged me to watch all the series he enjoyed and most of them don't fit my bills *cough Altered Carbon *cough Westworld.

Happy Watching guys 😀

You May Also Like

2 comments

Hi, thanks for your comments ^_^