12 NES GAMES I PLAYED AS A CHILD

by - February 11, 2018

Assalamualaikum. Hi.

I was watching Stranger Things with Arrif and it was the scene where they went to the arcade to play Dig Dug. I remembered playing Dig Dug during my childhood so I asked Arrif if he ever played Dig Dug before and he said he never played it. My husband is an avid gamer but he's a gamer who never played classic games like Dig Dug. That mean, I became a gamer before he did because his first game was a PC game and I played console games since I was four or five years old. I laughed hysterically because I know I won another competition. We compete over silly things like this. Please don't judge us. But he said he's into PC master race since day one *rolls eyes.

I'm feeling a little bit nostalgic today so I'm going to compile some of NES (Nintendo Entertainment System) games I (and my siblings and my parents 😑) played.

This was the console where I played all the games. Mine was grey instead of red. It's called FAMICOM but of course I just know it's called FAMICOM when I searched for the picture. I just called it video game my entire life. Hahaha. Picture credit nintendolife

DIG DUG
Here's the game which triggered this entry. The goal of this game is to kill all those monsters by dropping the stones on them or use the weapon. I think the weapon is tire air pump (?) because the monsters will explode after you use the weapon on them. And you get flower each time you win a level. Of course I never get the biggest flower. Never knew it exist until I saw this picture. Hahaha. Picture credit GameLand Island

BALLOON FIGHT
This game's goal is to pop all bad men's balloon and push them into the sea before they pop yours. All this time I thought those bad men was bird+human hybrid because of the mask. Just now I realize they are men wearing mask. My whole life is a lie! Picture credit PanDamist

BOMBERMAN
For this game, you need to kill those monsters using bomb and when all the monsters are gone, you still need to keep on bombing to find a door for you to escape. The bomberman looks like a ninja and I don't know why I think he's the bad guy. I mean he go to the monsters house and kill them. For what? Picture credit Game Zone

CIRCUS CHARLIE
This game is abusive! Hahaha. I just realize it now. This is a game where the child need to pass rings of fire and fire goblet (?) while riding a lion. On the next level, the child need to jump on a rope while avoiding monkeys. There are different obstacles on different level. I never played the horse level tho. Just know that level exist when I watch the video on YouTube. Hahaha. Picture credit KusaNakuAfal

CONTRA
I'm sure most people know about this game. And it's hard to imagine other people except Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone when you see the start page of this game. I played this game a lot just because my brother always wanted to play this. He could play alone but I want to play too! Hahaha. So there we were sitting in front of TV with me constantly nagged him to wait for me just because he was always in front erghhh. Picture credit GAMECRATE

DONKEY KONG 3
I didn't play this game that often. But my brother loved it. So I'll just sat next to him waiting patiently for my turn to play another game. Hahaha. I still don't understand why you want to disturb a king kong until he's mad. But I think the weapon is to remove the caterpillar, no? I really don't remember much about this game. Picture credit RETRO GAMES ONLINE

EXCITEBIKE
This was my brother another favourite. Boys right? This is just the normal motor race game. You compete with other racer. I think there are also marks for stunt. I played this too sometimes but yeah and I remember I ended up on the grass and went really slow to the finish line hahaha. Picture credit EMUPARADISE

ICE CLIMBER
Behold one of my favourite! The goal of this game is to reach to the top and catch a bird legs and maybe the bird will fly you home? I don't know where the big will fly you to. Hahaha. But you must avoid the penguin because you could die if you touch the penguin. I knowww, why would you die because of a penguin. They are cute creatures. But everytime you knock the block to go up, the penguin will close it back using block of ice because the penguin need to cross the road. Like hello, who's the bad guy now? I don't think those penguins are bad guy. Picture credit arronmunroe

LODE RUNNER
This game has cute sound and background music. It's sounds like penguin waddling whenever the character's move. The goal of this game is for you to collect the gold sand while avoiding bad men ninjas or kill them by burying them using the brick. Oh lord, is this another game where you are actually the bad guy?  Picture credit wakinchou

POPEYE
Even if you never played this game, you must have watched this cartoon right? The storyline is the same with cartoon. Popeye need to save rescue his girlfriend, Olive Oyl (ooh what a pun) from Bluto by catching flying obejcts (?) produce by Olive until the box on top is full of it. If only Popeye eat spinach which will appear randomly then he is strong enough to beat Bluto. Picture credit Old Classic Retro Gaming

SUPER MARIO BROS.
I'm sure everyone know this game. Avoid or kill moving mushrooms and sometimes turtles. Collect coins while you are on your way to save Princess Peach. Picture credit Nintendo

TWINBEE
I loveeed this game because it's so cute. To quote the TwinBee wiki, TwinBee is a vertical scrolling shoot 'em up that is unlike any others during the time. Instead of "gritty" alien and military plane shooters, Konami decided to make a very cutesy shoot 'em up that retains all of the fun of others it its genre, but paints it with a thick coat of famed Japanese cuteness. You can also play multiplayer with second ship in pink named WinBee. I usually played this with my brother since I want the pink ship. Hahaha. Their enemies are regular household items like flying radish, flying strawberries and flying plate. I know 😑 but cuteeee. Picture credit GIANT BOMB

There are many more games that I played but there's no way I could recall all of them. Have you played any of these games?

You May Also Like

10 comments

  1. My most fanatic game ever since I'm 10 till now is Harvest Moon Friend Of Mineral Town! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never played that game sadly. Must've been fun!

      Delete
  2. Used to play Super Mario with my brother. If only I could turn back time, i wish to be around that age, play the whole day without worries

    ReplyDelete
  3. jujur ckp zaman kecik2 dulu xpenah main game sbb krg berkemampuan 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But zaman kecik-kecik semua benda pun boleh jadi mainan. Kids are creative ^^

      Delete
  4. Sempat melalui zaman ni juga. Hehehe. Pastu sambung ngan PS2. Yg PS3 keatas dah tak merasa dah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i pulak tak pernah main PS2, PS3 dan sewaktu dengan nya. Sebab duk main game dekat laptop pulak. Hihi

      Delete
  5. only familiar with dig dug, bomber man, load runner and of coz mario bro...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. load runner tu macam rare jugak. tak sangka ada orang familiar hihi

      Delete

Hi, thanks for your comments ^_^